Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I lost my first tooth in AFRICA: A post from JT

I Lost Mi frst tooth . - typed by JT
The tooth fairy came and gave 4000 dollars, wait...no, schillings!
I think that it is very cool to have lost my first tooth in Africa.


From,


JT


Ok, I went to post this, and, when it was done, I was going to take a picture of JT's mouth and the missing tooth, but couldn't find the camera. So, I waited until the next day. But when JT came home, a second tooth was gone! He can't even say the sentence, "Mom, can you make me "soft stuff". So now, "All he wants for Christmas (or when he comes back in the summer) is his two bottom teeth, his two bottom teeth..."

3 comments:

jdc said...

At first, we were worried that the Tooth Fairy didn't come to Uganda. We later learned that in Uganda, they believe a rat comes to take children's teeth. I had a hard time explaining to the Ugandans what exactly a fairy was and they had a funny look on their faces. But, after JT found the money, even the Ugandans knew it had to be a true. Congratulations, JT. (can you say thufferin thuccatth?)

Anonymous said...

JT,
What do you use for dental floss now? A rope?
The photographer could have taken a picture of you full smiling face rather than just to big opening.
g'pops

jdc said...

We just wrap his tongue with floss and ask him to pretend he is a lizard (in, out, in, out). Works well for the gap. You know the toast--"May your troubles in life be like Grandma's teeth- few and far between." That doesn't refer to any particular grandmother, please.