Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sponsoring a Family

Just as we came back, we were assigned the duty of "sponsoring" a new family that is just moving to Uganda. One of my parents' good friends sponsored us, and it is very nice. Basically, the sponsor prepares your home for you, gives you some basic necesseties like toilet paper, soap, and a few days worth of food. They also pick you up at the airport when you land in Entebbe, and drive you to your new home. The people that we sponsored have been all over, so they have a much more interesting story than we do. It is a married couple with two boys. They are the ages of Matt and I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma wants to know who are they? Are they someone you already know? When will they arrive?
g'pops

tom said...

I am not going to reveal their names, but we didnt know them until my dad picked them up at the airport. (they arrived about 3 days before I posted)
the kids are now going to ISU, and the parents work with the US Embassy